Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good cruise

Sail Date: January 18, 2015

having taken many cruises, I have certain expectations. I was surprised to see that there was not an amenity basket in the room and that I had to request an ice bucket. We celebrated our anniversary in the Pinnacle. I suppose you have never heard this before, the portions are too large. The food was great. The first port was changed due to a health emergency. I wish the media would stop being negative on cruises and applaud the wonderful care that is available for health issues among the passengers. We missed the booze cruise. Seems like some of the 'fun' has been taken out of the cruise. I am unsure of how table mates are selected, but ours seemed be by age. Although my husband and I are in our 60's, all our friends are in their 40's.  This cruise we only ate in the dining room twice. Our table mates were primarily nondrinkers and a mix of PTA and Wednesday night bible study. Nice people I am sure but not our type. I never heard any Reggae music. I liked it when it was played all day by the pool. The DJ was a poor substitute for a band. Despite the criticism, we enjoyed ourselves and will continue to cruise with Carnival.

Not a fan of singing and dancing.
Miami, Florida
Went to South Beach for people watching and great beach.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Missed this port and went to Nassau.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas