Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Purser

5 Night Canada & New England

Sail Date: October 11, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My second cruise - 1st with Carnival, it was a great experience. Although the ship's structure was a bit disorganized (i.e. you have to get on the elevator several times to get to "the Black Pearl" which is the "my time dining" restaurant) the Lido deck's buffet items could use different variety of food for dinner each night, had lots of options for Lunch, however, very limited items for dinner (almost the same thing every night). They had a chocolate buffet on one of the days with outrageous amounts of selection of sweets which included countless variety of cakes, fruit and other dessert items. There was also a late night Mexican fiesta which was amazing. Overall it was a good vacation enjoyed the overall experience and paid the amount the trip was worth. Staff was very kind and friendly thru out the ship. The Ship had a Kosher Meal menu only in the dining room but its all frozen food and you have to pre-order each night. After ordering it once I didn't order it again, it was not the best tasting food and didn't want to take to a risk of getting sick on my trip.

Cabin 2438 (Main Deck)
New York, New York
Amazing view of the Statue of Liberty
Saint John, New Brunswick
missed the Hopewell Rocks bc we didnt have enough time to get to and back on the ship
Halifax, Nova Scotia

When you get to St. Johns and if you are only docked for a few hours, try to leave the ship as early as possible to get to the Hopewell Rocks (the place to see at St. Johns) it take about 2-3 hours each way to and from that place. I missed it bc I got off the ship too late