Suess at sea no way

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 25, 2014
Ship: Carnival Splendor
Cabin Type: Suite

This was my second trip on this ship this year, I went back for the Suess at sea experience. Not worth the money. The first trip was supposed to have Suess and they did not have it, this time they had a parade with the characters yes you and the characters(Cat in the Hat, Thing One and Thing 2, Sam I am) walk to the Splendor lounge for story time, and then the cruise director reads the story The Cat in the Hat appears before and at the very end). Yes picture time with the charactures you can get the kids pictures with the charactures for $21.99 a picture and you are not allowed to take a picture of your own. Then breakfast with the Cat in The Hat and Sam I am yes,$5.00 reasonable but when you take some pictures wiith them the photo person puts her arm in your picture to wreck it. And Carnival says it is Handicap accesible  but youare placed behind all the action were you can not see and the staff forgets about you. Plus  this ship needs to review the policy on the adult area sometimes under age persons in area. Way overcrowed on thiis second trip. I have done the Dreamworks experience on the Allure of the Sea and it blows this one out of the water.Also the Barbie experience on the RCCL and it is great compared to this one. I have a Liberty of the Seas book for Nov. will keep you updated.

mangolian , deli

mini golf, splash pad,pools and slide were ok but overcrowded

Shows good

Carnival usede to have better but ramped down the activities for children

Lily, Oscar and Fortunato were great with our group of 10

not alot of variety

you have to ask for certains items to be cleaned

Do on ship activities on port days

they had food markets a little away from ship
Scuba Diving
Beach is right by pier, they have some shopping, I wish they had more varity for shopping