Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majorly dissappointed! The Worst family vacation EVER!!

Sail Date: November 09, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We left out of New York. Day one was cool but not a bad day at sea. Day two on the boat - we got a health awareness letter in our rooms telling us to wash our hands and make sure to purell as often as possible. The buffets were now serving you. There was a crazy outbreak of gastro on the boat. We were traveling with two other couples and there kids. One of these couples was a family of four - the dad got it first and was quarantined for two days and missed two port days, then my friends daughter got it, then her dad got it - then as he left dinner not feeling well, the table in our dining room in front of us puked on the floor, they covered it with caution napkins and kept on with dinner. We never had dinner all together the whole trip, someone was always sick. Then my friends son got it. Then my two year old son got a 104 fever for two days - but no vomit thank GOD! Then yesterday morning when were getting off the boat, my girlfriend got it and was sick for her 6 hour drive home and the other couple we were with, his two girls got it and had to be wheel chaired off the boat they were so weak. People were sick in the hall and the whole boat smelled disgusting. Two people also died on our boat (not sure why) but one body was taken off and put in a taxi in Nassau and the other off in New York. NEVER AGAIN!

They don't let little ones in the pool either if they are not toilet trained - my son was so upset and didn't get to swim the whole time.

It was so bad! My biggest fear is vomit and I was trapped in it!!! I was so stressed and panicked the whole time. Even my son was asking to go home. I never liked boats and decided to try it again but I will NEVER do that again. It was a gross low class boat with low class people. We only had three nice weather days. It was awful.

We did have a nice day at Disney World though. We are glad to be home.

not enough for the young kids to do other then camp.