Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

an enjoyable cruise

Sail Date: July 20, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was part of a small group which consisted of 4 generations. We all enjoyed the cruise. The crew was pleasant and accommodating. Although the travel agency did not seat us at the same table for dinner as was requested, which is important to our family as it is the one time of day we are all together, Carnival was able to correct the situation.
I wasn't too happy arriving at San Juan at 3:00PM leaving limited choice of activities. The other ports were wonderful, plenty of time and beautiful beaches.
It was nice to have some quiet times in public areas without having someone push the "drink of the day" every two minutes. We did miss an outdoor venue on one of the lower decks where we could go for a leisurely stroll around the ship. I did, however, love the Tranquility Deck for reading. I was sorry to see that the Thalassotherapy pool required an additional fee, which was not the case on Celebrity.
The entertainment, although not terrible, left something to be desired. The performers weren't as strong as I have seen on other cruises.
I would recommend this cruise. I think Carnival is making a true effort to provide a relaxing, enjoyable vacation.
I like quiet space where I can read

I loved the buffet on the lido deck for breakfast and lunch! Excellent choices and excellent food.

1 Comment