Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Cruise Line doesn't measure up

Sail Date: June 10, 2013

First, when we booked our cruise we were assured that since there were several of us going, we would be gauranteed to all be at the same dinner table. We were not. We were celebrating 2 "40th" birthdays, 1 "30th" birthday, 1 "30 year" anniversary and a 13th birthday. Hard to celebrate together when we were at different tables. Furthermore, both of my sisters had one of their children, (7 year olds) sitting at different tables than their parents. The dinners took over 2 and a half hours regularly and it took so long one night, as soon as we got our dinners we had the dining room head make an announcement for everyone still eating to hurry up for the second seating. We had just gotten our food, still hadn't even had desert. Worst part is is that we were literally the first ones in the door when the dining room opened. Continuing on, all the pools were closed on the ship for the first 2 days (days at sea). The entertainment was very cheap and cheesy, so to speak. I've seen better theater at high school plays. Also, the plays were all altered to where they advertised "The Beat" show one night. We went and they had moved the show to the next day and had a magician that night. The next night we went hoping to finally see "The Beat" and they had moved the show again and had some Latin dance show. We never ended up seeing the show after it had been advertised and hyped up by the cruise director. The cafeteria food was horrible, almost not edible. My wife and I each found 1 thing we liked and ate it every day. The islands were wonderful, but we refered to getting back onto the ship as "back to prison." ID be willing to bet prisoners received better food. I've been on many cruises (mostly royal carribean) and I will never travel on Carnival again.
Stateroom was great, including attendant "Bagus"

Eat breakfast in dining room. Lido deck food horrible.