Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Had great time on Splendor!

Sail Date: August 07, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

In general all was as I expected it to be; clean rooms, plenty of food, and plenty of options. Here are somethings I wish were different;

- They really need to make these ships smoke free. We took long detours around the hallways to avoid the lobby and casino areas and unfortunately we weren't always successful. They made the youth and children meeting clubs right there by the casino. It was inescapable.

- I think Carnival borders on not being kids appropriate; from saucy Maitre D's and cruise director comments to adult pool contests, to Vegas like shows.

- My kids hated the salt water pools, and the lack of good kids or youth programs. Other cruiseliners were great on bringing kids together for long lasting penmanship, but not in Carnival. My daughter stopped going to O2 club as she often found it empty.

Pros: Rooms, Food, Friendly Atmosphere, Great Gym

Cons: Smoking, not quite kids appropriate, scant youth programs, salt water pools

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
If you like originality and natural beauty, nothing beats Puerto Vallarta.
Don't Miss: Ocean views from hills through the old downtown.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Not sure why they dock 2 days in Cabo. One day there is plenty.
Don't Miss: Jet Skiing and Parasailing were fun.