Could have been better

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Carnival Spirit

9 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail Date: October 07, 2011

Ship: Carnival Spirit

Review Summary

My first impression was that the ship smelled horrible. Our stateroom was small as to be expected, however, we had a balcony room and I thought they would be a bit bigger. The decor was very eclectic, and aside from the naked women pictures it was ok.

Ship Experiences

The steakhouse was worth the extra money. It was great

There were activities offered, but not enough. they were geared toward children, or older adults.

Most were friendly and smiling.

The bed was so hard it could hardly sleep the first night. I asked for extra comforters to be placed between the mattress and the sheet to give some added cushion. I expected a balcony room to be larger.

Ports Of Call

Ensenada, Mexico

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I really like Puerto Vallarta. PiPi's restaurant was the best Mexican food I have ever had!!!!! It was amazing. We went on a Dune Buggy excursion, if you are wanting to ride on the beach make sure to specify that is the tour you want.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

I enjoyed sitting on the beach under the umbrellas. The ATV excursion was a blast, but very hot and dirty

Pros: The food was actually decent

Cons: HARD bed, ship smelled like fried food, kids running in the stateroom halls

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.