Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A mediocre ship to a wonderful place

Sail Date: July 12, 2011

It had a "clown like" feeling. Like I was at a circus. I suggest some kind of color coding or different art work at each elevator area to help with where you are on the ship. The maps were too small for my eyesight.

Pros: Alaska excursions

Cons: The ships food and entertainment

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.

The food although the menu's sounded great. The actual food itself tasted like the freezer isle at a grocery store.
Only liked Pat in the Atrium. The country music was great. Good voice and song preferences . The show's props were excellent the singers poor!!! Dancers good. Singers poor!!! Only saw 1 comedian, poor. Don't know name. We chose to meet where Pat was, because it was entertaining and comfortable.
The shower was really small.
Never had the need for anything individual. Only knew 1 persons name by end of trip.
Skagway, Alaska
Went dog sledding and Train ride with bus trip back.
Juneau, Alaska
Learned how to fly fish!!! Excellent guides. Was scared at first of ocean waves, but guides help me with confidence and were patient in teaching me how to fly fish. First time fishing and wearing waders.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Misty Fiore. Turned out to be a hot day for the wildlife. Didn't get to see any. Found out I prefer to see the mountains via airplane. It's faster and a better use of time if you can not see any wildlife.
Victoria, British Columbia
Craigdarroch Castle. Tour on bus and information about Victoria was a pleasant bonus. I really enjoyed the tour considering how long we had.