Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

6-day Alaska Cruise on Carnival

Sail Date: May 04, 2011

We recently sailed on the Carnivals Spirit to Alaska. Second time on Carnival and it does not compare to the two cruises I took on Royal Caribbean. Food was good, itinerary was as expected and shore excursions (which have nothing to do with Carnival) were great but the ship is small and the service is so-so. Several days in a row, we did not receive the daily newsletter or the form to complete for room service or fresh towels. On RC, the steward, waiters, etc. all knew our names in two days. On this cruise, employees were not very friendly at all.

Entertainment in the lounges was so-so. Nothing great. I would travel on Carnival again only if Royal Caribbean did not suit my desired destinations.

Pros: This is my fourth cruise - 2 on Royal Caribbean & 2 on Carnival. RC is MUCH better. I liked the itinerary on this cruie (Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan) and the shore excursions, but the ship itself, the food and the service cannot compare to RC.

Cons: Service - lots of problems that have never occurred on Royal Caribbean

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.

Skagway, Alaska