Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

A great experience.

Sail Date: May 20, 2009

The Carnival Spirit was immaculately clean, extremely well maintained and obviously pride themselves in their excellent top notch customer service. I have to say that I was disappointed in the food, not the quantity or the selection, which was enormous, but the quality; my husband and I found the taste oftentimes bland. Not bad, but average. But everything else compensated for it; the entertainment, the punctuality (when they say they're leaving at 7pm, they're not kidding!!) The housekeeping staff and dining room staff were by far the best we've ever encountered. Kudos to you all!

Pros: The crew

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

Juneau, Alaska
Juneau was my favorite city. The Mendenhall glacier tour is a definite must. Breathtaking views of the glaciers. A very artsy, folksy kind of town.
Sitka, Alaska
We didn't go on any tours but walked around town. We found the town very rich in Russian history and very interesting. Also, lots of eagle sightings.
Skagway, Alaska
Skagway was mainly interesting for its colorful past. The Bordello tour is delightful, and the Red Dog Saloon a blast from the past.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Ketchikan was too touristy for our taste. And also the fact that 4 other ships were docked at the same time didn't help. We didn't mind the rain, and plus they have pretty good clam chowder right outside the ship.