Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

A Nice Getaway

Sail Date: June 11, 2008

Everything about our cruise was pleasant but, only one problem my bed was very uncomfortable, my husbands bed was fine, I could hardly sleep it was so
past broken down (mattress) the cabin steward tried to pad under the
mattress but it was useless, I was told there were no replacement mattresses
as the ship was going to be refurbished, but I did not sleep for at least 3 nights
and the other nights it was uncomfortable, everything else was enjoyable but
of course I was very tired when trip was finished. I will check to see the ships last refurbish date before I book another cruise!

Pros: Ports

Cons: air travel, mattress

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.

Juneau, Alaska
took the historial tour and it was interesting.
Sitka, Alaska
took the historical tour and it was interesting
Skagway, Alaska
took the historical town tour and it was interesting
Ketchikan, Alaska
shopped and took the city bus and free shuttles throughout town and enjoyed talking with locals, it was fun and interesting.