LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Carnival Cruises!!!

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Mexican Riviera (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 03, 2007
Ship: Carnival Spirit
We sailed on the Carnival Spirit. I was a great mix of passengers. The crew was very wonderful with our kids (boy 9 & girl 12); they really enjoyed the kids clubs. There were romantic spots for just my husband & I to escape to or there were tons of family friendly activities. Everyone in my family truely enjoyed our cruise and would go again tomorrow!
Looking at the port there is not much to see, very industrial. However when you got into the city it was fun shopping. We did not choose to take a taxi or a shore excursion but from reports that we received from friends that did they were very worth the expense.
We had a blast! Learning from our Acapulco experience we walked around the flea market at the port area then hired a taxi to take us on a sight seeing tour. WELL WORTH IT! We ate at a local resturant owed by the cab drivers brother and got to have a very wonderful multicultural experience.
I had been to Mexico before and realized that it was economically depressed however I didn't realize how it would effect my kids. They were very saddened by the lack of things the people had in comparission to us. I would say that if you don't have money for a shore excursion,which can be expensive for a family of 4, then negociate a cab tour and save the walk of depression.

Pros: We loved the staff and the attention to detail. Our every need was catered to

Cons: We had to come back to reality! I would change nothing it was spectactular!

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!