Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

1st Cruise

Sail Date: December 17, 2006

I was surprised at the amount of "upselling" that goes on and how expensive everything is....photos, drinks, for intance. I was completely disappointed in the lack of customer service that I observed on several occasions, especially in the Playa Grill.

Pros: Ziquantinego

Cons: Dress code for the dining room during breakfast/lunch

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.

Acapulco, Mexico
I did not purchase an extersion for this island. I heard from many that did that they were disappointed as it was not what they were told it would be. I didn't like how I was hounded everywhere I went by the locals. At times the locals were actually vocally rude. The costs of food, drink, shopping were expensive compared to the other two locations.
Don't Miss: I could pass completely
Manzanillo, Mexico
Manzanillo off of the boat was very unattractive..scary. Took a taxi and spent the day at the Miramar Beach at an umbrella table. Loved how they serve you drinks/food while you are there. The beach was clean and beautiful. The taxi driver back to the ship, would not accept American money...only Mexican.
Acapulco, Mexico
Don't Miss: I could pass completely
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico
This was an exceptional place. Clean, low-key, prices were very reasonable. A beautiful, quaint, friendly town. Loved the $1 beers. We took the kayaking excersion. The kayaking part was way too short...not much in terms of sites along the way and the route that the bus took was extremely littered with garbage. The bus was nice. The guide exceptional. I also enjoyed the tenders to/from port.
Manzanillo, Mexico