The best vacation ever!

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Southbound Alaska (Whittier To Vancouver)
Sail Date: May 23, 2007
Ship: Carnival Spirit
The ship is very spacious and well laid out. There were over 2000 guests and 900 crew on board but you had no idea because you never felt crowded or overwhelmed by people. It was always clean and well cared for. The crew was wonderful, very caring, polite, fun and entertaining. I had an absolute fabulous time!

The food is good, but not spectacular. The presentation is wonderful and the dining staff is excellent!

Most of the shows were great, such as the hypnotist, comedians, broadway shows, and piano bar. There was one show that was very cheesy not very good but had great costumes. They also offered most shows twice a night to accomodate the different dinner schedules which was great. You could always find something to do at nightime to please everyone.

The crew was wonderful! They were from all over the world and always there to help, talk, or hang out. Definetly above and beyond my expectations!

I was surprised how roomy the stateroom actually was. King sized bed with room to spare on each side and a bathroom with room to move around and not feel claustrophobic.
Much bigger town than I anticipated. Several shops and about 1 mile out of town is the Sitka National Park with several totem poles which is very interesting.
Don't Miss: Salmon fishing!!! Very fun and worth the price!
Very beautiful town! Lots of shopping and wonderful scenery! It was raining the day we stopped, but I went whalewatching and about 1 mile out to sea it stopped raining and the sun came out. I would definetly recommend going whalewatching in Juneau!
Don't Miss: Whalewatching!
My favorite port! Lots of history and beautiful views in this very cool town. I did the Ghosts and Goodtime Girls Walking Tour which gave a historical tour of the town ending at the Red Onion Saloon. Would recommend for anyone wanting a tour of the town with a historical aspect.
Don't Miss: Red Onion Saloon.
Lots and lots of shopping, especially for jewelery!

Pros: The crew, the ports, the entertainment, the activities, the scenery, the whole experience

Cons: That it had to end!

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!