Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Had a great time, but I don't know that I would sail on the Pride again

Sail Date: February 20, 2016

Had an issue with our luggage.  When it arrived at our cabin, 2 pieces were destroyed beyond repair.  I had a duffel bag-type bag with wheels on it.  When it arrived at the cabin, all of the stitching appeared to be ripped out.  I could open the end like a mailbox!!Wink  The BF brought the suitcase he did because a wheel was broken off his larger one.  Well, when his bag arrived...guess what...BOTH wheels were broken and the plastic "feet" on that end to help stabilize it when standing, were completely destroyed.  We went to Guest Services and someone (unfortunately, I can not remember her name...Iriana possibly.  Tall, blond, beautiful, of course!  LOL) followed us up to our cabin to inspect the bags.  They did not have bags on board to replace ours and advised us to replace them in port and Carnival would reimburse us.  FYI--Grand Turk is NOT the place to purchase luggage!!  Think there is only one place on the island and they wanted upwards of $250 for bags smaller than what we were trying to replace.  So, before getting off the ship in Nassau, we checked with Guest Services to find out what happens if we are unable to find replacement luggage in port.  Cesar said Carnival would give us a credit.  He also suggested a store we could try.  Cesar was a lifesaver!!  Found luggage that we liked, walked back to the ship, dropped the receipt off at Guest Services, took the new luggage to our cabin, then headed back out to wander about Nassau.  Our Sign and Sail account was credited by dinner time for the full amount!!  I was really stressing about finding luggage and the BF thought it was funny.  I did NOT!!  He could have gotten off the ship with his suitcase, even as damaged as it was.  I, on the other hand, would have needed a whole lot of duct tape or a large Hefty bag to get off the ship!!  It was an unfortunate situation, and things happen, but i did NOT allow that to ruin my vacation as some whiners might have!!  Carnival made things right as far as I'm concerned, as i said before - it was just an unfortunate situation.  On a side note - we sailed with friends on the Pride in September, 2014 - and he had a garment bag destroyed and a suit ruined.  And, someone told me that the luggage handlers are not Carnival employees.  They are Port employees.  So, Carnival is not at fault on this, as I'm sure some would like to place the blame on them.

Does anyone think the food quality/selection has gone down since they started this new "American Table" menu?  I don't care for it, personally.  And, it seems to me, that the Lido deck buffet selections are the same day after day after day.

I have only sailed on the Pride (3X) and the Breeze (2X), but I really like the Breeze much better.  The hot tubs on the Pride were always crowded with children whose parents weren't paying attention.  The Breeze has the 4 hot tubs (2 on each side, forward and aft) and they were never crowded with children.  Just my opinion

I think the entertainment was good.  People complain about it all the time tho.  You are on a cruise ship, don't expect Broadway caliber performances.  If you want Broadway...get off the ship!!

The crews have always been wonderful!!  Very attentive, friendly, etc.  I have seen the same bar server on the Pride on ALL of my cruises and she remembered me each time!!  Fatima is the best!!

I love Carnival!!  I have only cruised on Carnival.  Carnival is a lot of fun, very affordable, and they have a  very convenient port for me (maybe an hour away!).  Everyone keeps telling me I need to at least try another cruise line.  Maybe I will.  But Carnival will always be my first and have my heart!!  Love

Quick, easy and painless for the most part. Purchased FTTF so we walked right on. The BF thought it would be quicker getting off we did self-assist. I won't do that again...I would rather stay on a little longer (so I can have my morning coffee!!) and walk off relaxed without having to drag all of our luggage!
The Pride is old and tired; even after the 2.0 upgrades. Exterior of the ship was awful...a lot of chipping paint. Seemed like the stabilizers were out of whack. There was a constant rocking back and forth the entire time, even on calm seas. Plus, there was a shimmy/shake/shudder in the aft of the ship; noticeable on all decks. This was my third cruise on the Pride and have never experienced anything like that
Wish they would go back to the old menu. Do not like this new "American Table" menu. Food quality/selection has gone down. Had a flat iron steak one night and quite honestly think Grand Turk is missing one of their many donkeys!!

David's Steakhouse is PHENOMENAL!!!! I highly recommend it. Well worth the $35 upcharge. We actually went 2X on this cruise!!
Grand Turk Island
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Spend the 25 bucks to get a clam shell canopy when you arrive!! Well worth it
I have been to Nassau too many times now. Will stay on the ship next trip.