Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great time for a great price

Sail Date: February 07, 2016

This was my 4th time taking this exact same cruise on Carnival Pride.  It is a real bargain for those of us who live close enough to Cruise Maryland to just get dropped off.  This is the first time I have taken the cruise in the winter, and I don't think I would do it again.  The seas are much rougher than in the summer, when you get to Ft Lauderdale and the Bahamas the temperatures are not warm enough for swimming even though they still sell snorkeling, etc shore excursions (avoid these in Jan and Feb)  I had a great time, however, at Walt Disney Animal Kingdom.  There were very few lines for anything, and the animals are all out trying to soak up what sun is available.  I spent most of my time on the ship and the food, service, and entertainment were well worth the price of admission if we hadn't been going anywhere.  Again - the bad weather made the ship late leaving and getting back to port, and disembarkment was very slow.  Carnival has to figure a better way of getting people off the ship.  They have rules about who goes when, but they don't really enforce them and the people who follow the rules really get screwed.  If you're looking for an elegant experience, forget Carnival.  They also don't enforce their own rules about dress and behavior in the dining rooms- it's kind of like going to Denny's.

Last two times on Pride disembarkation took me more than 3 hours even though I bought faster to the fun. They really encourage people to carry all of their own luggage off- which takes forever because they are clumsy and slow with their huge baggage. They should limit the size of luggage that you can take off by yourself and then enforce the rules. People were just coming down to the gate before they had been called and it was ridiculous.
Beautiful ship, kept very clean.
Typical, kind of meh.
The crew really strive to keep you happy. The room stewards are especially eager to please.
food is excellent at every venue.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Love all of the excursions here. My husband loves the alligator swamp boat- I like going to the theme parks - about an hour, comfortable bus drive- no hassle trying to find your own way around and you are let off right at the gate, so no huge parking lot to navigate.
Forget going on an excursion if you have a mobility disability. The drivers are jerks, and there is no help at the destination. Even at Atlantis it is difficult to get around - the elevators are practically hidden and the staff was no help at all in telling you how to get from one place to another with a walker or wheelchair.