Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Most relaxing & fun vacation I ever had!

Sail Date: December 06, 2015

No planning, no stress, no budgeting.  Fun and food available 24/7.  Excellent customer service by all attendants that remembered our name all week.  Amazing!

Cruise Photos

Al, the attendant was the very best part of course! The towels were fun! Everything was always super clean and wonderful. Happy there was a fridge, hair dryer and TV. Didn't know to expect that and was pleasantly surprised. The shampoo and shower gel was horrible though. I had to buy some when we got off. We brought a power strip and I was really glad since there was only plug.
Went faster and smoother than expected. - The only thing was the Safety Training was an hour late and everyone was just waiting around, including poor little kids sleeping in the hallway because it looked like people were still loading the boat. Should have made an announcement that the Safety meeting was delay and people wouldn't have been so annoyed. That, plus the ship arriving late, really made us lose considerable time that first day. :(
Obsessed with your cool lighting in every different area!
Not enough time in Freeport. That was our favorite stop, and very brief. 7am is an odd time too to get off the boat. -- None of the excursions excited us at all and they were quite pricey. We just went to the beach and that was good. Wish there was something moderately priced.
The comedians were our absolute favorite. The whirlpools were never actually hot, which was disappointing. The one in Serenity was warmer than the other, so we'd go there. It says 15 minute time limit on the whirpool, but people were in there longer when there was a wait. Wish there was a timer or something. Someone said they were waiting 3 hours for it to open up. Wish we could exchange our beach towels too for fresh ones. They were impossible to dry out. The slide was wicked cool. It hurt my husband's back though, but it was the coolest slide I ever experienced. -- My husband loved the spa, but of course hurt himself on the slide like 10 minutes after leaving the spa, so that was money wasted! :( -- Wish there were cycle classes later in the day, not just morning.
Al, our Room Attendant was beyond perfect. He truly went above and beyond, esp when I was sick. He made our experience the very best. Hugo in the Dining Hall was incredible as well. It's amazing how they remember our names and details about us. So caring, kind and excellent at their jobs in every way! It's truly impressive!

Wish the cost of tips would just be added into the price of the cruise. Was looking forward to an all-inclusive paid trip and not have to worry about cost.
Servers were amazing, kind and always remembered our name! Surprise dance by the servers was my FAVORITE part of the trip! Food was excellent at every meal. I didn't eat anything I didn't LOVE! Awesome that it was available 24/7 and that you could get room service too. Food was definitely one of our top favorite things! - Loved the added Chocolate Buffet! Also best taco and burger I ever had! Every meal was just amazing!
Baltimore, Maryland
Wish we would have know the price for parking ahead of time. Adds $100+ to your trip cost! Be aware!
Port Canaveral, Florida
CVS at this stop was INCREDIBLE at getting me a prescription from PA and filling it in time to get back on the boat. So grateful! - Ron Jons was a great place to shop too, and we got discounts from the cruise!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Get off the boat early and take a taxi to Port Lucaya. Amazing! Beautiful! And so much to do! Wish we had more time there. Also, get a Strawberry Daiquiri in a Coconut at the market right off the boat!

Get the prescription behind the ear patches before you leave just in case you need them. Bring a power strip since there's only 1 plug. Bring a refillable cup so you can take drinks with you. Bring your own shampoo, conditioner & shower gel. Don't forget fancy clothes for the Captain's Dinner night.