Carnival has declined

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Bermuda

5 Night Bermuda (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 26, 2015
Ship: Carnival Pride

I'm actually speaking from experience here, in  that I cruised on this exact same ship on a different cruise 18 months ago.  Carnival has definitely started cutting corners.  It wasn't the ship itself, but the level of service, the amenities and the details were all less.  No chocolates at turn down, waiters that more or less did what they did at the pace they felt met their needs, and a severe reduction in live musicians were just the tip of the iceberg....Small things, I know, but then again, part of the cruise experience.

I don't hold the cruise line responsible for the weather (which was bad) nor the location (which was good), so I'm limiting myself to the on board experience.

At some points during meals we went without bread, refills on our drinks, food that was less than hot and a lesser quality and variety than we had come to expect from Carnival.  This was true at every meal, unless we were serving ourselves upstairs.

None of the shows had live music, so they have become a dance / karaoke performance, and some of the shows got changed at the last minute to different themes, so don't believe everything you're told in the morning paper.

Don't get me wrong: a cruise is still a great trip and a good value, but we are probably going to have to look at other cruise lines to get the touches we want to experience while on board.

It's so worth getting the balcony option. You get to see so much more, and it gives you a chance to get away and still enjoy the fresh air.

Go to the Trivia Contests! Even if you don't know much about the topic, they are a good time, and you may surprise yourself with how much you know.