Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Very nice except for vibration of ship

Sail Date: January 18, 2015

We booked a balcony guarantee 7 day cruise out of Tampa on the Carnival Pride and received a Very nice upgrade to a 7th floor extended balcony stateroom which had a lot of space and great views. The crew, staff, and officers were always polite and went out of their way to help with anything. The food was excellent and service was great. We never experienced long lines at any of the buffets or had to wait longer than 5 min. at the made to order dining options. The entertainment was awesome and Skip, the cruise director, was fun and informative. Getting on and off the ship at any of the ports of call went very quickly and smoothly. I felt that they should have allowed more time to embark (only 3 hours for 2,500 people) but was surprised that we only had to wait in line 20 min or so. My only and biggest complaint was that this particular ship vibrated very badly anytime the ship went faster that 19 or 20 knots. When we got out to the deeper waters and it was cranked up to 19 or more knots, the vibration towards the aft  (back) especially in the main dining room was very uncomfortable even though I had a motion sickness patch on. At night it felt like I was sleeping on a vibrating bed. For this reason alone, I would not book another cruise on The Pride. This was our 3rd cruise but the first time we experienced this vibration issue. We have sailed with Carnival before (different ship) and were completely satisfied.

Tampa, Florida
Stayed at the Quality and the cruise package (park and stay) was a great value.
I felt the pressure from the shops uptown to be excessive. If I want to come in your store to look around, I will. Please don't stnd outside pressuring me to come inside!
Belize City, Belize
Again, everyone comes up to you asking you to take their tour, see their wares etc. Tip: We walked a few blocks away and met a very nice Taxi driver who only charged us $10.00 pp for the city tour.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We booked a private tour and took the whole day touring the island which is very clean and beautiful. We went to Punta Cunta to see how the local Gurafuna people live which was very nice. The panoramic views along the way were awesome. The guide (Ann) was very knowledgeable and took us where ever we wanted to go. Try the local "Monkey la la" drink
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went to the turtle farm which was overpriced. This place is devided into 3 sections and you must pay to see each section as there are 3 different colored wristbands. We found that Grand Caymon was much like the US in that it had the same fast food restaraunt chains & hotel chains only more expensive. The area was clean at the cheapest way to tour it is by taking the local bus system which was very easy/safe to do.

The balcony stateroom was great and the chilled soups (peach, cherry, mango, and strawberry) in the main dining room were the best I've ever tasted. If you've never tasted the chilled fruit soups, this is a must!!!