Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Okay trip, Staff Amazing, food okay, room very nice

Sail Date: May 04, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

I was not very fond of the decor of the ship, but that is a personal taste thing.  Many of the common rooms were quite dark. The dinning room staff were exceptional--Table 212 @6:00 seating. The guests services desk was very helpful and understanding.  Our room was nice, steward was very helpful and I was traveling with an ex-husband with disabilities and a sister that was on her first cruise. We had a balcony and I don't think I will cruise again without a balcony. Carnival uses a very poor system for their bingo games and should take lessons from Royal Caribbean where the game is concerned. I found the ports rather disappointing, but we did enjoy the Ecotour on Half Moon Cay and I took my sister on a private taxi tour of Grand Bahama, which turned out great. I must say the dis-embarking on Sunday morning was unbelievably smooth and quick, a real treat!

I was not fond of the decor, too dark
Our dinner servers were exceptional!!!! They made the trip.
All staff we were involved with were great
The bingo games were poorly done. The souns system was so loud at the evening shows I was unable to stay more than a very few minutes. I saw other adults holding their hands over their ears and heard many complaints about the volume of shows and anouncements. Trivia games were fun.
Trivia ganes were fun. There were a few other things we enjoyed, we just weren't drinkers or big party people.
Briefly enjoyed Grand Turk. Half Moom Cay was nice and the two ladies that ran the Ecotour around the lagoon were excellant and made the trip very entertaining. We had an excellant private taxi tour at Freeport.
Loved the balcony. Space was okay for the three of us traveling together. Room steward "D" was a great help.
Baltimore, Maryland
easy getting on board and easier getting off--my tenth cruise and the easiest offload ever!
Grand Turk Island
We did not book an excursion, but did a little shopping and enjoyed jimmy buffet's
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Water and beach BEAUTIFUL, Ecotour tour fun becuase the two ladies did and great job.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Took private Taxi tour and our young man was a delight, kind and well spoken. He (Regis) was very informative and showed us the entire island.

Eat in the dinning room for better food, but there is a great variety up on the ninth deck buffet.

1 Comment