Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not what we booked for, but made the best of it

Sail Date: April 06, 2014

We booked a BAHAMAS Cruise, not an EAST COAST US CRUISE!!! We booked to go to the Bahamas, We were informed that a transformer or something broke on the ship & they weren't taking us to Freeport, but instead to Charleston NC. because the ship couldn't go it's regular speed of 21 knots. We watched on the tv that the ship was going 20 knots, when we were closer to Baltimore we were only going 4!!! We know it's b/c we would have gotten into Baltimore waaayy too soon! The pool & hot tub  in the Serenty area, over 21 area, was not even filled til Friday when we were just about back!!! The hot tubs & pools were full of kids jumping all over, which was great for them, but we couldn't even get in either. Oh & most of the time one of the pools was closed. NOT Happy! The toilets had a mind of their own, flushing when they wanted to!!! Did not flush when you needed it to be flushed!! The ice machines at the Mermaid Grille, took turns working & not working. I purchased a Majestic Topaz pendant at Nassau. Purchased a different chain on the ship. Left the pendant with the guy selling the " By the Inch" chains so he could have the pendant on the chain before he put the "O" ring on, since the bail was small. Went back to pick it up, the pendant was gone!!! NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!! I'm furious about that!!!! The guy that sells them wasn't the one that put the clasps on, I lookd at him & said where is my pendant??? He just gave me a dumb look &said I don't know, didn't see that! I KNOW the other guy put it on the chain & put them in the bag!!!!  The selling guy offered me to take one of his charms. I had already bought the charms I wanted. I wanted the pendant I bought in Nassau!!!  He then finally gave me what I paid for it. Well it was never "found" & so I now don't have it!!!! I am really angry about that!!!! I'm sure somone is enjoying MY pendant!!! We enjoyed our family time together, all 6 of us, but had many dissapointments. Shame because we had to wait many years to be able to on on this cruise planning on it being to the BAHAMAS!!! We have already to driven to NC & didn't like it then & didn't like it even more when we were stuck having to go there!!! They offered us 25% off a future cruise, but then that foces us to have to spend more money on their cruise ship!! Gave us nothing for this one that was no fault of ours, it was the faulty ship supposedly. It may take us years to be able to do this again!!! We are not happy! It's sad!!

Cruise Photos

other than the broken, old things that didn't work
wonderful!!!! LOVED THEM ALL!!!
EXCELLENT!!
Baltimore, Maryland
Nothing there but was exciting boarding
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island Never GOT THERE!!!

Get to the shows & the comedy club early!!! They fill up fast!!!