Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Wonderful Vacation

Sail Date: March 23, 2014

As a first time cruiser I had no idea what to expect on this vacation.  From the moment I booked the cruise, up until I returned hom from my vacation, I was pleased.  I was kept up to date with emails before the vacation began. If I had questions or concerns I was encouraged to make them known. The embarkation process was easy, the directions to the port were understandable, and all of the Carnival employees were helpful.  Our balcony room was small, but that it always expected on a cruise, so I have learned. The balcony was a great asset and I'm glad I chose the balcony suite because the view was spectacular.  It was also very helpful to have natural light in the room when the power went out on the ship for about an hour on Monday morning. Hearing from others aboard the ship, the interior suites were dark and they couldn't see anything!  There was always something to do aboard the ship, and there was always food available to eat no matter the time of day. Our shore excursion in Nassau was cancelled at the last minute due to high winds (we were supposed to go parasailing) and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to find anything to do. We were able to take a carriage ride thru the city and just wander around shopping on our own.  There were plenty of other excursions we could have picked from, even at the last minute.  In Freeport we chose the culinary experience which I would highly recommend.  The food aboard the ship was amazing, the staff was friendly, and the whole vacation was fabulous. I'm so glad I booked this trip!

The food was excellent. We especially loved dining in the Normandie Dining Room.
The room was small but it was clean and enough for
Everyong was extremely helpful and friendly. Everyone was willing to give directions or answer questions.
There was always something to do.
Children's Programs I didn't travel with my children, but it seemes very family friendly.
Nassau and Freeport were beautiful to visit and I would return again.
Baltimore, Maryland
It was an easy process to embark.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We took a cab to the mall and went shopping all day. The cab ride was $12 per person round trip, which I thought was a great deal.
Nassau was beautiful.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I loved Freeport. The shore excursion was great and I would love to return to Freeport again.

Try the chocolate melting cake at the Normandie...it is to die for!