Not my favorite ship layout

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Panorama

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 04, 2020

Ship: Carnival Panorama

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 2450

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Cruise was fun but the ship layout was badly designed

Embarkation

Ship experiences

It was the same food every day at the buffet. Not the best. I feel they do that so you pay for all the nice restaurants around the ship. Food in main dining room for dinner was good.

All of the activities on the ship were fun.

Entertaining was mediocre but the comedians were very funny.

My 11 year old daughter was bored with the activities in the shark program

Everyone was very friendly and extremely helpful.

The design of the layout is just bad. It doesn’t flow well at all. By far the worst ship layout. It was very clean but it was only the 4th sailing so I wouldn’t expect it to be dirty.

Loved the room. Was surprised to see two bathrooms. One bathroom with a standard cruise show with sink and toilet. The other bather has a small tub and a sink. We had 5 people in our room. 2 adults and a 15, 13 and 11 year old. We had enough room. Beds were comfortable room was comfortable.

Ship tip

Check your luggage in when getting on the Panorama but carrying it off is best. It was so fast and easy doing it that way. It took my husband and I a few days to find the serenity deck (adults only) it’s on deck 15 in the front of the boat. It was so nice there.

Ports of call

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Best port by far. We zip lined at the place where they filmed Predator. There was 10 zip lines. Some big and some small. Some that went upto 70 mph. There was also a waterfall that you could go in. The most amazing day. Shopping after was also amazing. Beaches are beautiful. We are going to book a trip just to visit PV again.

Mazatlan, Mexico

BORING! We didn’t do an excursion at this port. Every single person who I talked to that didn’t do an excursion said it was also boring. I heard people talking about having a good time zip lining or going to stone island. We will do something if we ever go back. Shopping was no good.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

This is the place to do ATV’ing. It was amazing. On a private beach. I’ll attach a picture of the place we went to. We booked this excursion once we got off the boat.

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Very organized and fast and easy to get on the ship.

Disembarkation