Great way to spend mother's day week!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Sail Date: May 07, 2016
Ship: Carnival Miracle

Overall my mom and I had an excellent time. The embarkation was the worst part of the trip. They had loose wires and a loose carpet that my mom tripped over after checking in. It was a hazard, the staff knew it was a hazard, and yet no one did anything about it. My mom fell on a wheelchair and hurt her knee and couldn't walk for the rest of that day. Carnival did nothing but offered for a doctor to take a look at it several hours after we were on the ship, not even right away when we boarding. No discounts, no credits, and all we got were apologies. You will be hearing from our attorneys soon on this matter.

Outside of that, we went to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

Not a fan of Puerto Vallarta and I've been there once before so I knew this ahead of time. It is an old dumpy town in my opinion. We did 2 tours here, the tequila tasting which I highly recommend and the ATV which was just ok. If you have an overnight in PV I definitely recommend the evening dinner with the rhythms of the night tour. The first time I went to PV and it was awesome.

Cabo was awesome! Wish it would have been 2 days in Cabo and 1 in Puerto Vallarta.

We swam with the dolphins which was awesome. Only place I've ever been to that allows you to swim underwater with the dolphins.

The food was good overall and the comedy shows awesome. This ship isn't as nice as some of the other fleet Carnival has. The shops don't have much of anything in them worth buying or looking at. The mini golf was fun, pools too small. I wouldn't go back on this ship or itinerary but it was good for a 1 time experience. It was really cool looking outside of the ship because on over 10 occasions you could see dolphins swimming along side of the ship.

Toilets got plugged and room flooded lol. They really mean it when they say don't stick your tampons in the toilet. Oh well, you live and learn.