Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Sail Date: August 22, 2015

Please know this review is tailored to my likes and dislikes.  If you do not mind abnormally hot weather and a boat that closely resembles Romper Room, ignore this critique.

I have been on about half a dozen cruises and this is by far the bottom of the barrel.  I was hesitant to book it because it was only two stops to begin with, so I will take responsibility for that.  I have also never taken a cruise in the summer time, but I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday.  I will never book another cruise during summer time.  The weather was stupid hot and there were children everywhere.  I normally book cruises in the dead of winter...the weather is much more temperate (between 70F-85F) and the child count is minimal.

Two sea days and then an overnight stop in Puerto Vallarta.  If you do stop in Puerto Vallarta be sure to book an excursion because within walking distance there isn't much to choose from besides the little gift shops there within the port, or the Wal-Mart across the street.  I wanted to walk along the beach and go swimming, which when I did an Internet search for beaches at the docking point, they looked beautiful.  My mistake....I should have done further research.  We arrived and I thought it was awesome because I had the entire beach to myself.  My husband and I walked for a while along the water line until we came to a point where there was a warning sign for the crocodiles.  That would be why there was no one swimming on the beach.  All the resorts there on the beach have private pools and they were packed.  After doing some more Internet research while we were there, we learned crocodile attacks are quite common for those who choose to swim there near the port.  Do your research....I did not.  Like I said, if you want to do anything besides visit the Wal-Mart in Puerto Vallarta, book an excursion.

The next and final stop was in Cabo San Lucas.  It was okay....lots of sea lions to see while riding the shuttle boat between the main ship and the land.  Many shops to choose from close to the docks and lots of fun crabs to check out on the rocks.  No beaches within walking distance, so again, if you want to do anything besides shop with the locals, book an excursion.

The boat was the smallest cruise ship I have been on so it was quite an experience for me.  There seemed to be more individuals who were racking up the bar tabs than I have previously experienced as well.  I do not have kids, and I do not mind being around them for periods of time, but this cruise took place before school started up so the number of individuals on the boat under the age of 10 seemed to outnumber the rest of us.  Not sure where the parents were.  I saw flying ice cream cones and countless children running into adults.  I saw children climbing into fountains, playing the slot machines in the casino, and rock climbing all over a plethora of furniture pieces and tables.  I am not kidding, for those of you old enough to remember Romper Room, this was the Romper Room cruise from hell.... ^_^

Staff was amazing and our balcony was amazing.  We were in room 8129.  The only issue I had with the room, is that we were right below the main deck where all the swimming and partying takes place.  I have already booked another cruise and I have made sure to go down at least one floor level so there is only a cabin above us, and not an entire stampede.  I know some people won't mind the noise, especially those who stay up late.  I like to go to bed early and get up early though, so being right below the Lido deck was not for me.....lesson learned.

The Caribbean cruises seem to be cleaner and more memorable.  I have done several out of Miami and San Juan, PR.....those cruises had more stops, more to do, and less children.  I will stick with the cruises East of Mexico, they work out better for my husband and I.

This room was great, but now since I have discovered the corner balcony, I will never go back to a regular balcony. I enjoy having my own deck.
I always arrive early and disembark early so I do not deal with lines.
It was a smaller boat, the smallest cruise ship I have ever been on in fact. It was clean though.
Destinations were poo by themselves, I did not book excursions though....that may have made the trip more enjoyable.
Lots to do for everyone.
Carnival never lets me down. Love the love and marriage it every time I am on a cruise.
I have never had a negative experience with Carnival staff members.
It was a smaller boat so there was no sushi, Guy Fiery, fish and chips place, or blue iguana.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Do not swim near the port...there are crocodiles. Do research !
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico