Mixed satisfaction - dissatisfaction

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 27, 2021

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1418

Traveled as: Couple

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

My wife and I are in our 70's and both have difficulty walking. We were in a forward cabin, and should have booked a midship room so as to avoid the necessity of frequently needing to walk from one end of the ship to the other. This was especially annoying when we had to navigate around the galley (either go up or down one floor, then back up or down to continue walking to our destination).

Embarkation

Slower than my previous 3 Carnival cruises

Ship experiences

All food and eating areas/facilities were excellent

Bingo and casino very good

Especially enjoyed the Magic Band

Gary the cruise director did an excellent job. Our cabin steward, Joquim also was excellent.

The Magic was the most difficult of the 4 Carnival ships I've cruised on. Having to navigate around the midship galley to traverse to either end of the ship was annoying.

The refrigerator didn't work, the TV was stuck on one channel (couldn't be changed), and the 220 volt outlet didn't work. Our cabin steward and the service desk fixed the problems. But they shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Ship tip

Try to get a midship cabin.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Typical Carnival port. Nothing special.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

We (my wife and I) didn't participate in any excursions. The shops were good.

Bimini, Bahamas

We (my wife and I) didn't participate in any excursions. The few shops were good.

Disembarkation