Average cruise

Carnival Magic Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 01, 2020

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 1242

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Over all I was somewhat satisfied to satisfied. Not sure if I would do a Carnival cruise again. I have been on Disney and Carnival cruise so would like to try others.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Had a hard time finding anything that was great to eat, at best mediocre food. Juices, tea and lemonade were so strong, had to dilute them with water. I don’t drink alcohol beverages very often and wanted to catch a buzz being I was on vacation, but couldn’t even after 15 whiskey or rum and cokes in 3 hrs at the casino. Should have drank beer, because you must receive a half shot of liquor at best in a mixed drink.

Enjoyed playing pool, bags, arcade and miniature gulf with my daughter.

Be to the piano bar an hr before they open if you want to get a seat. Hasbro was a nice game show for the family.

Quite a bit of rust on ship, along with constant dirty windows and hard to find clean tables to eat at. Employee areas of the ship were clean as a whistle so don’t know why paying customers can’t have things clean?

Ship tip

Expect average at most for a cruise, but with a better price.

Ports of call

Grand Turk Island

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Disembarkation

Owed $30 when we tried walking off ship, even though our bill showed zero balance. Had to be pulled aside for someone to try and run our card to pay the bill, but because the guy wouldn’t run the card through the reader correctly it would t work, so had to stand there for a half hr before he told us to go and they would send us a bill. Must have been pretty worried they weren’t going to get $30 after we spent $3k on board.