Bad Ending

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 31, 2019

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9347

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

I have been on over 10 cruises and this was the worst I have experienced. I will cruise again but this was probably our last cruise on Carnival, and we have sailed on Carnival over 6 times. There was nothing special about this cruise nor Carnival.

Embarkation

Nothing outstanding

Ship experiences

Average, nothing outstanding.

My son loves basketball and they shutdown the court for multiple hours everyday. The casino was extremely smokey with poor ventilation; no area for non-smokers. The Lido deck was shutdown the last day to prepare for a celebrity cruise the next week; this was not fair for us because we lost a day's access to the pool, restaurants and activities.

Stage shows were below average. There was no show on Saturday because of prep for the celebrity cruise for the next week. At least two nights were dedicated to audience members participation.

My 12 year old enjoyed the friends she met at the Circle O.

Waiters were great, but everything else was average. Nothing outstanding.

Everything was clean.

Room was as expected.

Ship tip

Understand that the TV in the room has no sports channels. The only place to watch sports is in the Casino which has poor ventilation thus extremely smokey. I missed the NCAA final 4 because I could not bare the smoke in the Casino.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

George Town, Grand Cayman

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Belize City, Belize

Great shopping.

Disembarkation

Unorganized and took way too long. Lacked clear communications. Elevators tied up due to prep for celebrity cruise the next cruise.