Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Tons and Tons of Family Fun

Sail Date: July 16, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a GREAT time on the Carnival Magic! There was so much stuff to do we couldn't even do it all! We stayed on deck 9 mid ship, which is perfect for families who have kids going to Camp Ocean. The midship elevators are the only elevators that let you out directly in front of Camp Ocean. Make sure your kids stay for at least one of their parties. Our kids loved it and received awesome goodie bags. We came to pick them up around 1am and they still weren't ready to go!

5 stars for the food and our head waiter Hengrik and room steward Ramell, they were top notch. The cruise director Dr. E has got to be the one of the hardest working men at sea! Carnival is truly the Fun ship, the neon 80's Rock and Glow Party was epic! I highly recommend the Cat in the Hat breakfast as well as the Chef's Table. I can do a review on the Chef's Table by itself, it was just that good!Love

Initially, my husband (1st time cruiser) was not wowed by the idea of cruising as a vacation, but he had so much fun, that he now wants to go on another one!

I took off 1 star because the Magic had a strong sewage smell toward the back of the ship on decks 7 & 8 it turned my stomach. Luckily our cabin was on deck 9, but I really feel for the cruisers who had to smell sewage for the length of their vacation.

Cabin steward Ramell was excellent! The cabin was a great location, we could take pictures of the islands from our balcony as we pulled into port.
Surprisingly fast for the number of people on board.
Very clean, but foul smelling near the AFT
Our kids (3 yr & 7yr) had a blast.
The crew works so hard, it almost seemed unfair.
EXCELLENT!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Coki beach has great snorkeling. My 3 year old saw fish in the water and she was only in up to here knees!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Favorite port! Too much to see and do, we'll have to make this a separate vacation.
Grand Turk Island