Better than expected

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 07, 2016

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9427

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I haven't cruised with Carnival in nearly 10 years and found the experience to be a bit more "mature" than it had been the last time I sailed.  The food was good and options were plentiful.

After recently taking a 7 day with Royal Caribbean I was able to make a side-by-side comparison between the 2.  The one thing I found to be significantly different was the quality of service on the cruise.  RC outperformed Carnival and I had to say at several occasions I was disappointment on this cruise.  Our waiter in the main dining room was phenomenal and our room attendant was good, but beyond that, no one stands out.

The ports we visited where great and I've come away with a better opinion of Belize than I had had from a previous cruise.  Roatan was absolutely gorgeous and I'm planning to go back to explore more of the island.

This was my 4th cruise with Carnival and though the service wasn't the best, It hasn't turned me off of them and I would travel with them again at the drop of a dime.

Ship experiences

Looking a bit tired. The decor wasn't to my taste, but my partner didn't mind. Great location, just underneath the Lido deck. Some noise early in the morning if you wake as early as I do, but nothing that would disturb the average sleeper, which I'm not. Very close to an elevator without having to hear the "dings".

Ports of call