Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

If you cant handle the heat stay off the Magic

Sail Date: May 10, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I will start with the good.  The service by the staff was very good. especially dining staff.  the ports we visited were a lot of fun.  the shows especially comedy were good.

Now for the bad.  ship was way to hot.  my deck was very warm I complained 5 times about the heat in my stateroom.  finally it was explained to me that if you opened your door took a shower or did anything that might generate heat in your room that it would take hours for the temperature to drop back down.  That seems ridiculous to me.  Second item food quality is mediocre at best.  If you have ever sailed on a princess ship, which is my prior experience that I am comparing this to,  It is no where near as good. the buffet is highly repetitive and rather sub par.  we got tired of the food very quickly.  disembarking at the ports was horrible.  it took quite some time in both Cozumel and Belize to get off the ship and then to get back on at the end of the day.  the beds are very uncomfortable. they are built much like a cot or trundle bed, metal frame with wire strung across.  I woke up with back pain and sweaty every morning.  the first morning when I looked down at the comforter I had discarded on the floor from the heat I noted dried blood on it from a previous tenant.  They did replace the comforter but that is disgusting.

lounges were very crowded
for such a new ship it sure seemed worn
nothing special
made a real effort to know your name.,
they watched tv most the time my son was in there, which admittedly wasnt very often or for long.
all good activities were very crowded
great destinations
room was too warm, was dirty when I checked in water pressure sucks
Galveston, Texas
the uglies port i have been to.
very busy and packed
Belize City, Belize
the tndering wasnt great but the port area was clean and nice
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
port felt very them park like.

1 Comment