Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Birthday Vacation

Sail Date: April 05, 2015

This was my son's 21st birthday present. It's my 3rd cruise with Carnival. I have done 2 other 5 day trips on the Elation. We decided to try the Magic for 7 days.   My issues with this boat are: A/C in my room was not cool enough. I brought this to the steward (Jose) the second day of the cruise. He promptly reported the issue. That night when we returned to the room I had a placard on the bed saying maintenance had checked the A/C and it was in spec set for the rooms. Spec does not mean cool,,, They use a digital thermostat on the farthest edge of the bed. This may be fine when there is NO ONE in the room. Put 3 people sleeping and that 70.7 F temperature goes WAY up. I awoke sweating every morning. Ok, so day 2 and 3 go by. My complaints only get a floor drying fan which is so loud you can't sleep anyway. So I am calling guest services in the morning and the evening. No temperature change is noted. You adjust the in room thermostat and nothing... No air flow increase. My son's room was 4 doors down. You could feel the difference just walking down the hallway. I eventually got a maintenance man to the room around midnight on the 5th night. After a few minutes of discussion. Showing him the air flow in my son's room. He eventually MANUALLY turned the air control valve in the ceiling. Thus proving that the valve and thermostat control on the wall were not working. Needless to say, NOT a HAPPY SWEATY camper... But this goes on to the Drinks... If you want the coldest beer to be found. It's in the 3rd floor lobby bar. The bars on the rest of the boat are luke warm at best... If I wanted to have warm beer I can stay at home and save a LOT of money.   I would like to point out that our server EKA on the pool deck was always on the ball. Unfortunately, I think the boat was short handed. Every afternoon around 3 to 4 EKA would be pulled to a different location on the boat.. We would always find him later that night. And the service would be awesome again. Problem is,,, At 3 or 4 when you want to sit out by the pool for sun, Very few servers would be there. It was faster to get up and walk to a bar.. Of course, this sounds lazy. Hey, Once again. If I wanted to serve my own beer. I could have STAYED home... Food, now this was another story, Great all the way around,,, Not worth the risk of a sweaty nights sleep.

4 of us cruised on the Elation last summer. On our drive back home we reviewed the cruise. Needless to say, The Carnival Magic is now on OUR do NOT use again list.

A/C does not work properly. So BAD it is
Have to put bad just for the warm beer...
Jose, Steward for room 9255, On the ball every day, EKA, server at pool bar... Outstanding
Comedy club rocked every show
A/C does not work properly, And they can't fix it for you... if you want to sweat EVERY night, enjoy.
Galveston, Texas
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Zip line... If you get Kim Possible as your guide you will learn a lot about Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
Kissing a stingray,, it was something neat to do,
Playa Mia, for the price you can eat and drink all day.

1 Comment