Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Cruise but room for improvement

Sail Date: December 28, 2014

The ship was lovely and the entertainment was great. The crew were also faultless and the Lido and outside decks were great and there were always plenty of lounges. The food in the MDR has declined from past cruises and I would have to say it was just mediocre. I removed one star because the check-in and debarkation was a mess and took way too long. I would have thought after hundreds of cruises that this process would be faster and more efficient by now, but sadly it isn't so. From the time I joined the line to the time I sat down in muster, it was over 2.5 hrs. Everyone was cold, hungry, tired and irritable and that's not a good way to start a cruise. Maybe they should separate people that are choosing to hand carry their luggage ON board with the ones that have none just like they do for debarkation. I don't see why I have to wait for 2 hours because hundreds of people ahead of me are struggling with their luggage and need to have it all scanned before boarding. I removed another star because I feel that Carnival is cutting costs by cheapening the coffee at the coffee stations. There also aren't enough coffee stations inside the ship, especially in the evenings. Coffee is also not available in the casino and when people are staying up all night, a lot of them would prefer a coffee! The coffee is disgusting and they probably wasted more money by people throwing it out because it was undrinkable than actually having coffee that was decent and could be consumed. I will probably bring my own next time.

MDR was mediocre. Prime Steakhouse was very good. I thought Cucina de Capitane could have done with more menu choices. I was disappointed with the dinner menu there.
My cabin steward Tom was a star! Bed was very comfortable.
Michelle, our MDR waiter was excellent and on point.
I was disappointed that Vibe wasn't operational as an adult nightclub. It was empty every night because it seemed that the teens had taken it over. I would like Carnival to push that venue more for the adults and keep the teens out. I would have loved to put my disco shoes on and let loose somewhere at night but there was nowhere to do that.
Children's Programs N/A
Loved the outdoor movie theatre!
I would have preferred to spend more time/overnight in Key West than the wasted day at Nassau because most everything was closed.
Galveston, Texas
The boarding process is horrible and needs to be improved.
Key West, Florida
Grabbing an open bus and doing the city tour was easy and fun and cheap. It would have been more fun to spend the night in this crazy place than waste a day in Nassau where everything was closed.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I just stayed around the port.
There wasn't anything appealing to me about this port and I didn't get off the ship plus everything was closed because it was New Years Day.

Order room service coffee when you get up because the coffee station coffee is undrinkable. More coffee stations needed in public lounges/bars and casino around the ship.