Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Over due vacation

Sail Date: September 15, 2013

This cruise was a much needed vacation - the first in over 10 years. I have cruised before (over 30 years ago) but this was my husband's first cruise ever. His response after we left the ship after 7 wonderful days was "When do we go again"?

The crew on this Magical Ship was top notch and everyone was very helpful, knowledgeable and enjoyable with everything they did. We had booked a night at the Steak House and a night at the Cucina Del Capitano restaurants and were thrilled with both. We enjoyed the Steak House and their staff so much that we went back for a second night.

The cruise director and assistant, James and Amy (6'3") and their entire staffs were fabulous.

Every port of call that we visited were well run and organized. We enjoyed each excursion that we had booked through Carnival and were not disappointed in any of them. I truly cannot wait to go out to sea again - this time I'm planning a get away for my sweetheart's 60th birthday in 2014. See you then.

If you want a fabulous extra - try the Steak House and Cucina del Capitano for something different. It was more than worth it.
Not sure - had no children with us but those I observed seemed to be having a wonderful time.
Galveston, Texas
My home port is not far from home - have been there before with family for day trips.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Beautiful Island - great excursion visiting the Pirates, Birds and Monkeys. Rudolph was our guide and he was very knowledgeable, friendly and engaging with all on the excursion.
Belize City, Belize
We hit some bad weather and many of the shore excursions got cancelled, but we got lucky and our excursion to go snorkeling on the Sargeant's Cay excursion took place. Our guide was Allison and she was fabulous. It was my first time snorkeling and she was very attentive to me but yet was able to keep our group together. All on this excursion with the staff, boat, dive shop, etc., were really great. I was so grateful our trip didn't get cancelled. Never actually set foot on the mainland - but will go back.
This was the most fascinating excursion we went on. Andy was our guide on the Underground River and 5th Avenue shopping excursion. The swimming in the pure and clean underground river was the most exciting. Lunch was also provided in one of the caves on our way out. I will truly never forget that experience.

Make sure to visit the Piano Bar - good music and tons of fun singing along.
If you don't like large crowds but enjoy sitting in the water - try the hot tubs on the sides of the ship. Not overly crowded but very pleasant to enjoy with a few others.

1 Comment