Very nice ship, but poor smoking policy

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 08, 2013
Ship: Carnival Magic
Carnival is great at keeping everyone busy and providing a good experience, EXCEPT for the smoking policy. As one who is very sensitive and reactive to second-hand smoke, I find that allowing people to smoke on balconies, but not in staterooms, just does not work. We cruise often, always in a balcony stateroom, and rarely get to use those balconies! Last week's cruise was no exception, and I've come away with new resolve: I will NOT cruise again with Carnival unless or until this problem is resolved. By restricting stateroom smoking, you've driven everyone to their balconies. Princess took a risky and strong stand recently, and it is much appreciated! Carnival either needs to follow suit, or allow smokers to be located on one side of the ship or the other. Being down-wind of chain smokers who camp on their balconies is disastrous, and once again last weeke, my husband and I were unable to use the balcony for which we paid. Very disappointing!

The children seemed very happy

2nd time on this ship - it's wonderful!

Pretty ungly area, but efficient terminal
The tour around town was good.
Not much there