Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Very nice ship, but poor smoking policy

Sail Date: September 08, 2013

Carnival is great at keeping everyone busy and providing a good experience, EXCEPT for the smoking policy. As one who is very sensitive and reactive to second-hand smoke, I find that allowing people to smoke on balconies, but not in staterooms, just does not work. We cruise often, always in a balcony stateroom, and rarely get to use those balconies! Last week's cruise was no exception, and I've come away with new resolve: I will NOT cruise again with Carnival unless or until this problem is resolved. By restricting stateroom smoking, you've driven everyone to their balconies. Princess took a risky and strong stand recently, and it is much appreciated! Carnival either needs to follow suit, or allow smokers to be located on one side of the ship or the other. Being down-wind of chain smokers who camp on their balconies is disastrous, and once again last weeke, my husband and I were unable to use the balcony for which we paid. Very disappointing!
2nd time on this ship - it's wonderful!
The children seemed very happy
Galveston, Texas
Pretty ungly area, but efficient terminal
Key West, Florida
The tour around town was good.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island