Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Visiting Ports

Sail Date: July 07, 2013

I have cruised many times and don't care about shopping, or swimming with the dolpins,stingrays etc. Straw markets all are the same now, and Diamonds Intnl. in Alaska look the same as Diamonds Intnl in Cozumel. I would just like to go to the beach and relax. I have noticed alot of families who have spent all their savings on the cruise and cannot afford the tours, but the ship staff provides no information on how they can go ashore and enjoy the port without going on a tour. The cost of tours for a faimily can costs as much as the cruise itself, and can make a young family rethink taking another cruise. That's a shame.
There were two good shows in the main theater but 4 nights were just bad (musical chair, poorly run game show, etc.
N?A
Read comment on previous page
Galveston, Texas
Avoid Galveston on July 4th weekend. Hotel rooms if you can find one are triple the regular rates.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Safety is always a concern in Jamaica. We had "no problems mon", but we were very cautious.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We really enjoyed Cayman, it is pretty, it is clean, and relatively safe.

The Magic is difficult to move from one end to another, without have to go up or down to another deck. Also it is difficult to see the ocean without looking through plexiglass. I assume that is for safety, but I like to look at the ocean from the outside decks with feeling like I am inside the ship.

1 Comment