Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Wonderful dining, welcoming staff, amazing experience!

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

We had a fantastic time aboard the Carnival Liberty visiting five Caribbean islands with a group of close friends.  The service was outstanding!  The daily events were extraordinarily organized and publicized. The evening meals were delicious!  We truly enjoyed our time with friends and family and felt very relaxed.  It was a great vacation.  Much thanks!

We enjoyed our cabin - very cozy and kept us relaxing in the morning since there were no outdoor lights. which was good for kids who stayed up too late! Only possible improvements I could see would be to add more shelving instead of two full closets.
Extremely smooth - I had heard stories in advance that made me concerned we might be waiting in very long lines, but this was not the case every.
I definitely got my steps in for each day! I was amazed that everywhere I went, everything was sparkling! So many wonderful people working on the ship - much appreciated! the only improvement would be to have better ventilation or ban smoking - there were areas that were very unpleasant due to smokers.
We didn't book excursions through the cruise, but found each destination to be wonderful and unique!
Cory, the cruise director, was awesome! Ideal in his role! So many fun things to do, and so very organized! I could, however, have gone without seeing the hairy chest competition! But very funny in its own way.
Our kids (13 and 16) had an absolute blast! They made fast friends with others their age and stayed out late, but it felt like a very safe setting.
the Game Show and Love and Marriage evening were so entertaining! We also got a kick out of the comedy club as well as 80s music trivia night - so fun!
Raj and Made in the dining room were outstanding - they made us feel special at each meal. We particularly enjoyed the attention Raj gave to our children.
Pepito was our room steward - he was so helpful in every way - very much appreciated! We also enjoyed Suwreesh (not sure of spelling) who seemed to be everywhere! He was our drink server during the evening meals and we also saw him at the comedy club and as we were leaving the boat in the mornings - truly a one of a kind guy!
We ate so much - the food was very delicious! Kids appreciated the ice cream stations and opportunity to have pizza whenever they wanted. The breakfast burritos were great - we wish we could have caught the taco/burrito bar open later in the day (often we returned to the boat after this area closed, darn). Maybe if something could be done to expedite the morning food lines... that would be my only recommendation.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We enjoyed friends' hotel Tres Palmas on north side of Old Town, very welcoming!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Maghen's Bay was where our friends celebrated their renewal of vows - beautiful destination!
Bridgetown, Barbados
Boatyard beach was fun - the island seemed very poor and not as lush as others.
Castries, St. Lucia
Treetop zip lining/jeep tour was fantastic! Sunshine was a great guide. The island was gorgeous, also poor, but had amazing culture. Wish I had spent more time in the little market in town.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Botanical gardens were amazing to see. Also enjoyed the view points our guide David with Poinciana Safari Tours - he was very helpful!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Visited the town, was just very commercial. Wish we had taken a tour or otherwise explored, but we were a bit burnt out by this point.

We learned as we went along - we had friends with us who have done a number of cruises, so they helped us with etiquette. Still had confusion about tipping policy, as we gave cash tips to those who really stood out, but then saw additional gratuities added automatically (I might have missed info).