If you are expecting great (even good) food, the Carnival Liberty is not for you. Worst food my wife and I have had on a cruise.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 03, 2016
Ship: Carnival Liberty

If you are expecting great food, the Carnival Liberty is not for you. I expected great food as I had heard all cruises provide. It was not so on this ship. My wife who has cruised several times with Carnival stated this was the worst food she has had. We did buffets and formal dinners and were not impressed. Very bland and simple food. My wife even described an omelet she had as disgusting. For the first four days of the cruise, the best thing I had was the yogurt you can buy in any store. We tried Guys burgers on day five and they turned out to be the best thing to eat. I do not know if they were actually that good, or just after bad food for 4 days they just had taste and that made them seem great. The service was very slow at the dining room. I know you are to relax and enjoy, but it was very slow and even people at tables around us were complaining.

The ship also canceled my golf excursion the afternoon of the day before I was to go. Glad I did not bring or pay to have my clubs as baggage on the flight to San Juan.  If I canceled the excursion, I still had to pay with no refund. But they can cancel at any time. Low participation was the reason. When we arrived in port the day I was to play golf, I got a taxi and went to the course myself. I ended up saving a lot of money because I did not do it through the ship.

We found this to be the case with a few ports. We got a taxi a couple times and saw more and paid half what the excursions were through the ship.

The rooms were good and the ship ok. You can tell it is an older ship. A lot of rust.

Overall, the ship got us where we were supposed to go and we saw a lot. We enjoyed the trip and different Islands. But it could have been much better as far as the ship goes. We will never go on this ship again and will book Disney or another cruise line.

Room was good. Balcony showed a lot of rust.

Book another ship.