Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Not the best but I survived....

Sail Date: November 29, 2015

Checking in process was long and the staff very unfriendly.  Employees did not seem excited to be there.  I reserved an aft balcony cabin specifically to have connecting balconies with my aunt next door.  All the balconies had a connecting door except ours. It kind of ruined the idea of the trip. The cabin room itself really shows its age, the decor was something akin to a Golden Girls nightmare. The couch was well worn and had visible dirt, stains etc... TV was very small, counter tops were chipped and scuffed, lamp shades were broken and missing pieces. The mattresses on the bed were extremely hard, uncomfortable and had a 4 inch gap in the middle which made cuddling with my fiancé very miserable.  The redeeming factor was the quality of the food and our waitress/waiter for our table at night was wonderful, they made a very professional presentation and genuinely cared for our satisfaction. The wait staff that was not our normal wait staff during breakfast and brunch was very rude however. They were not friendly and seemed bothered to have to help us. One of the only reasons I chose this cruise was that my aunt was going and we wanted connecting balconies, which we were promised but did not get and the 5 island stops on this particular cruise. Most likely I will not go on Carnival again, the quality of the ship and the class of clientele was unpleasant.

Room was very shabby and unappealing. Broken lamp shades, dirty couches, chipped and worn vanity counters. The mattress was extremely hard and uncomfortable with a 4 inch gap in between the mattresses which made cuddling impossible. The balcony was filthy and y poo u couldn't even see through the filth on the glass.
Room was very dated and showed signs of damage and lack of repair. It was very shabby and not appealing.
Lelix on the Liberty. She was our waitress for the night time dining and she was excellent. The staff for breakfast and brunch was very rude.
Food in the dining room was delicious. Food on the buffets was not appetizing.