Budget cruise - you get what you pay for
Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern
Sail Date: November 29, 2015
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 6217
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 2 years ago
* food at dinner was consistently good
* excellent cruise excursions
* very efficient getting on and off the boat in port
* balcony stateroom - would never choose another style stateroom
* smaller food stations were great - Guys! burger joint, BlueIguana cantina, the deli
* great Friday night show in the Venetian - gloabl theme, fantastic singing, dancing, costumes, etc. A real treat!
* adult comedy shows. A great roster of talent.
* room attendant was fantastic
* Breakfast dining room menu limited, very basic
* Buffet food quality pretty awful (other than salad, which was very basic but fresh). Main courses, sides, and desserts all were not tasty, and we tried a large variety
* Limited selection of on-board activities, especially if you don't want to spend money in the casino or hang out on the Lido pool deck
* ridiculous pricing for spa services and for cocktails and beer
* overall atmosphere of selling - in the shops, at the casino, the overpriced photos, the acupuncture seminars to get you to sign up, etc.
* Only one shop with clothing, which had a paltry selection and many sizes missing of the few items they carried
Book a late afternoon flight and take a shore excursion on the way home if you can. A great way to end the trip, and Carnival will have your luggage waiting for you at the airport.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Buy a case of bottled water after you board! It'll be delivered to your room ~$3 for 12, instead of $1.25 for a small bottle. All the duty-free shopping areas in the ports are interchangeable, pick any day to do that kind of shopping, and then get out and see the islands or do a shore excursion!