Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An excellent cruise

Sail Date: February 03, 2007

Ship was outstanding. Very capable crew. All crewmen had professional attitude and appearance.

Pros: large variety of things to do

Cons: sick from something I drank on island

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

the ship is huge. the staff makes every effort to keep it clean and presentable. The decor rivals many high class hotels. No matter who you are, there is an area of the ship where you can enjoy yourself.
Dining area staff were constantly at work keeping everything ready for the next patron. The food was excellent. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
Room was as expected. we paid for the cheapest room, we didn't expect to spend much time there. It had typical amenities comparable to a higher end hotel. Our stateroom steward did an outstanding job. He was courteous, friendly, and made us pleased to have him cleaning our room.
The staff was friendly and accessible. If you had a question (and there were a lot), all you had to do was say "excuse me" to a crewman passing by and your question was answered.
We spent most of our time on the open deck. the whirlpools are excellent. the slide was a great feature too. My only complaint is the crew needs to enforce the "no reserving of deck chairs" a little better. It was difficult to find an available one due to other passengers putting theit stuff on one and then leaving for several hours at a time. We also spent some time shopping in the shops on board. They were enjoyable. A bit larger variety would have been nice. It would be convenient if a shop carried various OTC pharmaceuticals. With 3600 guests on board, they really should have things like antacids, laxatives, painkillers etc available without having to go to the infirmary.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We did the city tour. It was inexpensive and we saw several historic sites in the city. Great historical scenery, I highly recommend it. I wish the ship had been in port for a longer time. There wasn't time to enjoy any of the other tours offered.
Don't Miss: Fort San Cristobal
St. John's, Antigua
This island is a must see too. We went on the tour on Nelson's dockyard. If you're into lore of pirates and the ships of that time, this is a must see. The tour guide then drove us to several areas on the island with breathtaking views. You will kick yourself if you don't take a camera.
Don't Miss: Nelson's dockyard, English harbor
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Didn't do any tours on this stop. Went into town and did souvenier shopping. Prices were moderate to expensive depending on where you shopped.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did some shopping in the local shops. Then we took the sky car up the mountain to paradise point. This was the highlight of the trip for my wife and I. The scenery was incredible. It is worth taking the time to check this out.
Don't Miss: Paradise Point