Overall, a great and memorable vacation!
Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: July 13, 2014
Ship: Carnival Legend
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: GUAR
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 3 years ago
The reason this review didn't get 5 stars is due to a couple areas, which I'll outline below.
- The ship itself: This ship was tackily decorated, had old TVs, is in desperate need for a remodel, does NOT have the amenities advertised on the Carnival website (Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana), the electronic signs throughout the ships were worn out so that you couldn't read them (for example saying R F L E S STA U NT for Truffles Restaurant, etc.)
- On board entertainment: I really wish cruises would stop having "musicals" on board. They just butchered almost everything. I would've preferred seeing more acrobatic/ magic/ cirque de soleil type of shows. The comedy shows were excellent, though. As was the piano bar.
- Food policies: At certain hours, the only option for food is pizza. The pizza wasn't even that great. I wish they had a lot more 24 hour options. Not even having dessert available for late night in the buffet was awful.
- Limited dinner options: If you didn't want to pay extra, your only options were buffet or Truffles. They need some more no-additional cost options on board.
- Destinations: I wish the boat didn't stop in Belize. And many fellow cruisers felt that way too. Save your self some money and just stay on the ship when it's there.
However, the rest of the cruising experience was wonderful. Tabyana Beach was a personal favorite, so I'd go on this cruise again (on a newer ship!!!) in a heartbeat. So if this cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and Gran Cayman is on another ship, don't hesitate at all!
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Go to the piano bar!