Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not for people under 35

Sail Date: October 30, 2011

It was a nice ship and it was a good first time cruise. Our biggest problems were the people and an issue we had with the excursion desk.

Pros: Roatan, Caymen Islands, Food, food choices, the comedy shows, Collin (State Room Host), Golden Fleece, and the Golden Fleece Staff

Cons: Belize, rude people, people belching in the Unicorn Cafe, obnoxious people, narrow walk ways

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

We had several staff that deserved 5's: Collin (Stateroom host), his staff, the waitresses in the Golden Fleece (Anataysia, Mariya, and others), the head cook for the Golden Fleece and few of the bartenders.
Some of the staff were less friendly but they were in positions and areas where tipping beyond the 15% did not happen. Most were making $45-50 a day and had to work 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day. I understand why their service was sub-par. Extra tipping helped my wife and I get exceptional service.
The ship itself was excellent. It was clean and easy to figure out the layout. The decor was cheesy (Greek), and some of the walk areas were narrow.
Lots of choices and the food was usually the right temperature. The deserts were good but sometimes bland. The dining times for the Unicorn Cafe were good. The Golden Fleece is recommended for those we want to get away from the troft feeders.
The balcony room was great. I do not see how anyone can choose a lesser room. I loved waking up each port morning to see land from the balcony. It exceeded expectations.
Great variety and it was always nice to have the option to see a show. The time choices were great too.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The snorkeling trip was good but the ship wreck is still new. George Town is the cleanest port and you can walk around the city w/o any fears. You must try 7 Fathoms Rum. Coconut was my favorite. They have rum tours and you can also try it at the Hammerhead Bar.
Don't Miss: Hammerhead Bar and 7 Fathoms Run distillery (best rum on the island)
Belize City, Belize
Carnival ruined this port for us. We had an excursion planed that was cancelled after 9 PM the night before and it was too late to book a replacement. We ended up going back toQA the ship because it gets really sketchy outside the gates.
Don't Miss: I heard the scuba is exceptional
We did an independent excursion. The port was nice but very touristy. Do not buy your liquor or cigars here. Belize has much better prices.
Don't Miss: Horseback riding on the beach, or private beaches
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Great snorkeling and I regret not going scuba diving. This was our favorite port.
Don't Miss: The Jolly Rodger snorkeling trip: The crew was fun and very interactive