Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Anniversary Celebration

Sail Date: October 30, 2011

My overall impression of the Carnival Legend was very positive. Every time I passed a crew member, they were smiling and seemed to be having a great time. Megan, the assistant cruise director, and Wee Jimmy, the Cruise Director, were so upbeat and positive and that was very motivating. I loved getting back from dinner every night to see what the schedule for the next day was, and of course, to see what friendly towel animal was waiting for me on the bed. I only have a couple of complaints about the ship: First, bring your own drinks on, and put them in your carry on. One bottle of wine is allowed, and you dont want it getting taken by putting it in your checked luggage. Drinks on the ship are $6+. Second, Carnival has a tendency to sell you something every chance they get, which got annoying. Don't take anything at face value because there's probably a catch. For example, the last night on the ship you have an opportunity to get "$500 off your bar tab." We were excited because that's about how much we spent. Come to find out, it's $500 off your tab, starting at 10pm on the last night. Still worth it for a couple of drinks, but still felt like false advertising. Overall my experience on the ship was a great one. I would definitely go back, and now that I know the tricks, I'll be more prepared. For example -- bring walkie talkies so you can talk to friends/family members on the ship so you dont have to use your cell phone. See you on the next Carnival cruise!

Pros: The Staff

Cons: Drink Prices

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

This ship was fantastic. I loved the decor and accessibility of the ship. I didn't think the ship was that clean when I first got on, as the windows were extremely dirty. However, they cleaned those about halfway through the week and it looked fantastic. Also, the adult only area could have been bigger. All of the chairs were taken almost all of the time. Get there early if you want a spot!
The food on this ship was amazing. I was definitely impressed.
The stateroom was much better than expected. I was in a balcony room on the 7th floor and it was great. The room was the perfect size for two people and had ample closet space. I was very impressed.
The staff on this ship was excellent. They were always going above and beyond to help and always had smiles on their faces.
I LOVED the entertainment on this ship. I would definitely recommend Quest, the Marriage Show, and any comedy shows on board. The staff definitely knows how to entertain and it was awesome.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Here I went to Mahogany Bay to lay out at the beach. This was a relaxing and very beautiful port. They have plenty of beach chairs and it is beautiful. Also, pay the $12 to go on the "magical flying beach chairs." Yes, they are just a ski lift to a beach, but it is suprisingly relaxing. The ticket works all day, so ride as much as you want!
Don't Miss: Magical Flying Beach Chairs
Belize City, Belize
Belize was amazing! I did the Lost Raiders of the Mayan Caves expedition and LOVED it. It included zip lining, rapelling and hiking and was worth every penny. Definitely go do it!
Don't Miss: Cave Hiking
George Town, Grand Cayman
Definitely go to Stingray City!!! It is amazing. I did the coral gardens and stingray city tour and was very impressed. The staff on that tour was incredible and were the friendliest people I met in any port. Advice on this port: VERY EXPENSIVE. If you wait til this port to buy souveniers, like I did, you'll be upset. The exchange rate is terrible and everything will be at least twice as expensive as on the other ports. Buy before you get here!
Don't Miss: Coral Garden and Stingray City excursion
The port at Cozumel was extremely touristy. I went to many of the bars and my one piece of advice: stick to beer or wine. The ice in any drink will make you sick! Word of advice at this port: buy your alcohol here.. it is the cheapest of any port you will go to.