Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A sickly cruise

Sail Date: April 17, 2011

The price was the main attraction. We have been a few Carnival cruises before and we decided we would go back. Overall the ship is very nice. The kids programs are very good. The food is ok, and then it goes down from there. My son is still sick from the pool. Another kid had got sick in the pool and they didn't empty and clean the pool. We went back to the pool two days later and my son is still sick from swiming in the pool. When I told them about the issue in the pool, the attendant at the pool deck did nothing. I went down to the ship to raise the issue and I guess they didn't do anyting either. The last day we heard of the same thing happening and they finally pulled kids out of the pool. There was a lot of sick kids on the ship from the same issue with the contaminates in the pool water. When you have two days out at sea, you have to use the pools at some point. Also the last day at sea, they closed down the slide. That prevented us from doing much on the last day on the cruise. We will not be using them again.

Pros: Cost and Itenerary

Cons: Sanitary conditions, attention to issues

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.

The entertainment was not that great. There was some nights were the shows were only late, etc. They had a juggler that was very good. The carnival legend dancer/singers were not very good at all.
The food was ok. It was nothing great, but it has been better than some we have been on. The wait staff try.
Although we had some non reaction from folks we should have, some others made up for it. Our waiters were great, the kid's camp ladies were wonderful and the room stawards were very good.
Overall the ship is nice. It is large and has a good number of pools and public areas. The overall rating is due to the cleaniness. The ship overall is not bad, but they have some public issues that they need to address.
Our son had a ball. They were good with him even when he had stomach issues.
The stateroom was the best part. The guys did an excellent job of cleaning up after us :)
Belize City, Belize
Went diving with the ship. The operator is good. The spot we went to wasn't as good as Roatan.
Don't Miss: Lift to the beach
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We used someone out side of the ship and went diving. They were great. I heard good things about the diving that others went on from the ship and they were good as well
Don't Miss: Diving
We did the best of mexico and the water part. I would recommend taking a cab straight to the water park
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went to the turtle farm, hell and sting ray city. I would not recommend sting ray city. It was over croweded and rough waters. My son did get to touch a sting ray, but didn't stay long due to the conditions. It is also a very busy area.
Don't Miss: Turtle farm