Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good time on the Carnival Legend

Sail Date: August 08, 2010

The ship decorations were eye-catching and interesting. The public areas were tastefully decorated.

Pros: I enjoyed the entertainment in the dining room

Cons: The kids program did not meet my expectations

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

In comparison to my other cruises the entertainment was poor. I don't usually spend time in casinos at cruises but I did this time because there was not a lot of interesting activities. I did enjoy listening to oldie goldie music in Medusa's Lair.
This was the worse kids program that I have experienced while cruising. The area was like an afterthought. It was dark and dreary. The kids area on my last cruise was far more superior. It was spacious and kids could play inside and outside. The outside area was purposefully build so that kids could play outside safely and look at the water. There was a jungle gym and sand pan. My kids had to be persuaded to go to the kids program. This has never happened before. They were almost always ready to go when we collected them. It was evident that the teens program was not effective as they claimed their own unofficial area. The one activity that was wonderful was an almost all night scavenger hunt and party. I would not recommend the Carnival Legend to people with children. My kids thought that the program was boring and did not have enought games and activities. The entertainment put on at the end for parents was pitiful and not very well organized.
The public areas were generally clean. The only area that was not clean was the Enchanted Forest area walkway which was usually occupied by teens who were hanging out and left their garbage.
The dining experience was awesome every night. The people in my party did not plan to eat in the dining room every night but we had such a great time that we did. We had 7 children ranging from 5 to 12 in our party and they loved eating in the dining room. The waiters sang for the guests and danced on little tables, in a tasteful way that was appropriate for children. We all loved the experience!
The stateroom was very comfortable. They are designed for 4 people. I had a young cousin who was assigned to another cabin but choose to sleep in my stateroom with my family every night. We did not feel crowded. There was plenty of storage in the closets and suitcases or bags could also fit under the bed. The bed was comfortable.
All of the staff were friendly and well mannered. My kids loved finding the towel animals when we went to retire for the night.
Belize City, Belize
We toured downtown Belize City. It was a life lesson for the children. We saw a fish market and so many culturally rich sights. We toured in a covered van.
Don't Miss: A Tour of Belize city in a covered van.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I was told that this port would be boring. It was very interesting. The group took a tour of the island. We visted the Iguana Farm. The iguanas are everywhere running wild. The kids were fasciated most of the adults did not get out of the van. We wanted to taste fried iguana, unfortunately the local restaurant was out of it. The local eat fried iguana and potatoe salad. It was enlighening for the kids to see the houses on stilts and other sights that they don't see at home.
Don't Miss: A tour of the island A taste of fried iguana , said to taste like chicken
George Town, Grand Cayman
I have been to Georgetown before, not a very interesting port. The kids were fascinated by the iguana's walking all over the place. We don't have them in our country.
We went on a tour. It was interesting. The tour guide makes a big difference as to whether a tour is exciting or not. We went by the college and the military base. Some of the group went zip lining and loved it.
Don't Miss: A guided tour of Cosomel Zip lining