Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An enjoyable cruise

Sail Date: June 21, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The staterooms were great. Much better than expected. I was on the 7th floor in a balcony room. The common areas of the ship were pretty much as expected--a little overdone and gaudy. The dining room decor looked like a badly done christmas tree.

Pros: Itinerary

Cons: Food

San Juan, Puerto Rico
I enjoyed San Juan more than I thought I would. I talked with a shopkeeper who was painting a mask for a St John the Baptist parade that night. We ate at a nice restaurant and enjoyed the Forts. Everyone we talked to was very pleasant.
Don't Miss: Downtown.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
We had great fun here too. Although there isn't much flatland. The 360 degree restaurant has a beautiful view. If you stay on the island the quality of your experience will depend on your tour guide. Ours pointed out the treasure islands and the other virgin islands.He showed us the Callwood distillery where one of the Callwood descendents was making rum when we got there. It is a one-man operation and we actually watched the rum drip out of the still as it was made. It is pretty raw stuff but I bought a bottle anyway after the free taste.
Don't Miss: Callwood distillery.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Don't Miss: Callwood distillery.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Probably the most beautiful island we visited. It has a lot of jewelry stores obviously set up for ship's passengers. You really have to be careful and know a little about what you are buying. My son bought a gold chain which started at $2000 and we ended up paying $600. The quality is good and there is no tax so you will do much better than you would on the ship but be careful. We had a local "cut us a coconut" out of the back of his pickup and we drank the milk and ate the fruit. It was great. We went to Megan's Bay beach.
Don't Miss: Shopping.