Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Legend cruise from NYC

Sail Date: October 03, 2006

Overall, I would say the ship was very nice. Perhaps the carpeting could be refurbished but otherwise the ship seemed to be holding up well. These spirit class ships are a nice size, not mega-huge but large enough to have some special amenities such as a sushi bar and a sauna/steam room in the spa. Overall, I felt cruise was a tad too ship time intensive. I understand the logistics of sailing from NYC to the Carribean entails the almost three days of ship time to get to/from the Carribean but personnaly, it was too long. more time in port would have been a big plus.

Pros: Sushi bar, slot machines, Tortola and the Spa

Cons: Debarcation, lack of time in Tortola, breakfast at the Unicorn Cafe

I thought the food in the main restaurant, truffles was good, not great. The variety was adequate, portions were reasonable, not huge. Our server seemed a little frazzled. he apologized quite often. The Unicorn cafe (buffet) food was just average, most food was under flavored for my tastes. Perhaps this is intentional so as to appeal to the broadest market. The specialty restaurant, The Golden Fleece was an excellent meal, perhaps the best meal i've ever had. Service was impeccable, the food was to die for and the ambiance was wonderful.
We had a standard balcony stateroom. It was quite adequate. we were pretty far foward on the ship. If we leaned out, we could see the Captain on the bridge at times! when the seas were a little rough, we definitely felt more motion than if we were in the center of the ship.
Our room Stewart was very good. Most people were very friendly. Oue wait staff at dinner seemed a little frazzled, especially our main waiter.
I really only played Bingo and went to the Casino and Disco. One night they played retro music in the Disco and it was packed, very fun! The other night they played more modern dance music, hip-hop type music and it was not nearly as busy.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I love St. Thomas, we did some shopping in Havensight Mall and then did a shore excursion on a catamaran for snorkling at Buck Island.
Don't Miss: Shopping in Havensight.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I've been to this port before. This time we went to the Fort and a famous local social establishment. Other than that we wanted to get back on the ship before dark.
Don't Miss: The Fort.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't Miss: The Fort.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
I loved this island! This is what I dreamed a tropical island was when I booked a cruise to the Carribean. Beautiful, lush greenery, white sand beaches, friendly local people, hot,hot,hot and the water was crystal clear and warm.
Don't Miss: Cane Garden Bay Beach, heaven on earth!
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Don't Miss: Cane Garden Bay Beach, heaven on earth!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Shopping in Havensight.