Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

No problem, no hassle vacation

Sail Date: April 10, 2006

The Carnival Legend was much larger than I anticipated. There were so many places to eat-activities-all were excellent. But my best surprise and delight was the unbelievable cleanliness of our room and the comfort of the beds! I am notorious for my fussiness about linens and such on my bed. This ship was top notch. And the room steward - where she lurked we never figured out - but we seemed to have just put down the phone and she was knocking on the door. Real outstanding service. Loved having breakfast on our balcony. I would definitely do this again.

Pros: Everything arranged in advane, no need to find taxis, guides, restaurants, etc.

Cons: long wait in lines in Ft. Lauderdale to get thru customs, baggage screen, etc.-but necessary

I would have like to have had an opportunity to actually have a hour or 1 1/2 hour session of bingo each day (or every other). One short session each day with only a couple winners was unsatisfying.
This ship could not be faulted in any way - it was spotless. People were somewhere cleaning, but I never saw any. I don't know how they did it! Lots of elevators, wide variety of public rooms, places to sit and chat, etc.
Food was very good, large varied menu every evening. Some thought had gone into arranging our dinner partners so we always enjoyed the event. I would have liked a small courtesy copy of each evenings menu to put in a scrapbook, but, oh well.....
Super clean, spacious and comfortable. Beds and pillows were better than mine at home. If I hadn't just bought a new mattress set I would have ordered theirs.
Everyone so helpful, fast and efficnient. Could not find a fault.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
We took a boat tour up river and were so impressed with the scenery, such beauty. Great Pineapple and spot we transferred from bus to boat.
Belize City, Belize
The best thing about our trip - we went to Alta Ha ruins. So impressive-even enjoyed to long climb to the top of the small "hill" as we could overlook the entire area. A dream come true.
Don't Miss: Alta Ha without doubt
Colon, Panama
We did the 2 oceans railroad - enjoyed the trip very much but the lunch was a joke (box with cheese crackers, bag of potato chips and old grey piece of candy) Train was lovely and scenery beautiful. Guide very knowledgeable.